
I know you've all been dying to know how Mary Tessa and I faired. Fared? (Mom, a little help here.)
Mark was a true gentlemen and took Tess' and my turn for us. Sick for 6 days (what's that times 24, something like 6,249?).
So two I.V. fluid infusions (for dehydration) and one "6,249 hour" Flu later, he's almost back to normal. I missed him.
He says he wasn't even ever this sick in Brasil.
I haven't cooked for 7 days though. Except for rice. And toast. And bananas. and applesauce. Minimalist living, that's what we're about around here. I think the kids liked the menu (want Ramen? sure. hotdog? some few sundry peas? Some rice and peas. Some leftover canned soup. a 3-year old's dream restaurant.)
And a final note, to get Mark just a bit more sympathy. You may have noticed that I didn't cook for 7 days, but he was sick for 6. He had an enormous shrimp and sushi dinner at work the night this all commenced. Even the word "shrimp" gives him the shivers. Imagine if I was to google up a picture of shrimp and post it here. t'would be torturous!
okay, this post is dissolving. i must've spent too much time in the sun today. but Mark finally has an appetite and he's on his way home, so i've got to dash and make a splendid spread. i like cooking. welcome back bon appetit!
7 comments:
Glad Mark is on the mends. Poor thing. I really dislike when the husband is sick... he's such a baby. Don't tell Derek I said that! Welcome back to the world of cooking.
What a gentleman. Good on ya, Mark!
So it didn't get you after all? That's crazy that Mark got so sick. So sorry. :( I want to know about your spread!
fared
Glad everyone's better now. Poor Mark! What a trooper!
Glad Mark's feeling better. And I think blocks are the perfect gift for any age!
Poor Mark. This sick season has been vicious! How wonderful it is to want food again!
Post a Comment