The traditional squat-upon-the-gifts.
She was 100% pleased. What a pleasant girl to gift.
And . . . . . . . the Cake Montage:
the approach

first impact

gingerly acquainting herself with frosting
applying frosting streaks to tray. nice consistency that stuff has.

Yet more proof that the kids only eat/like the frosting and the ice cream. I *had* to eat her cupcake for her. Even though the family (or mom) was frantically trying to get dad off to puerto rico and she had to have storebought easter cupcakes (gasp.) she DID get to have dear, sweet, strawberry BlueBell ice cream.
first impact
gingerly acquainting herself with frosting
Timber!
(She really can't pull off the saying on that bib.)
And, she can dance:
I really adore this girl. She has been my angel through the hard times of diagnosis and recovery. When I was recuperating from my cancer surgery spending days in bed with her at my side I told my mom that everyone who's healing should get to have a baby with them. This was her time to come and bring peace and I can sense she'll continue to do so for our family. Really, the girl so nice, we named her twice.
Oh, I forgot two important things she did on her birthday (besides getting her finger pricked at WIC). She learned from Simon during dinner how to talk with her nose plugged. Pretty hilarious. She spent the evening dive-bombing my stomach and blowing snoofs on it. Have you heard her giggle? It's heaven.
4 comments:
Um, and Simon can sure shake it, too.
Happy Birthday, MT!
Happy Birthday, Mary Tessa! You are getting cuter every minute. Now, just stop growing up and stay 1 forever!
You sure are a thoughtful mom to finish that cupcake off for her. What a cute girl you have!
I think that Simon's longer hair is the handsomest thing ever. And Mary is getting so big. I'm so glad she's such a comfort to you...what a great blessing. AND you have bowls from IKEA. Nice.
Post a Comment