3.10.2009

3 year old fashionista





"There was a Little Girl Who had a Little Curl"--Revisited



This is what happens when a stylish 3 year old manages to slip a hot pink giraffe stamper in bed with her.


(Mark put her to bed that night.)


She went to church like this, with a handknit lilac scarf tied around her waist. She's got a gift.


I have to admit that though I never would have let her do this, I actually kind of like it.



"but when she was bad, she was rotten."


This morning, however, when she came out having used it as lipstick (all the way up to her nose and all over her tongue) and hot pink fingers--looking like the poster child for watermelon jollyranchers--I marched her back into her bedroom to get that stamper and throw it away!


It was even more funny because when she wakes up, she just slunks out of her room and silently lurks in the hallway, with her face all contorted like she doesn't want to be noticed. Then we realize a few minutes later that she's appeared and we're being watched--except this morning she looks as flamboyant as a flamingo and she's still acting incognito.

8 comments:

The Rowes said...

Awesome pink hair. If it wasn't so naughty, it would be so cool. Don't you just love when kids do something they aren't suppose to, and they think you won't notice? I'm sure we were the same way when we were kids. I love the new pics of the kids on the blog. Very cute!

jayna said...

Just another fashion experiment in the life of a 3 yr. old. Wait until Mary Tessa can join in...

Emma said...

That is just too cute. Where are the pictures of her pink face ;)

The Pooley Tribe said...

I like the pink hair, I think it's a good look for her. I can see where the pink face might be a problem though.

Pomona Noltes said...

She is so hip! My sister has a purple streak that looks very similar. Has it washed out? What a cutie.

Lindsay said...

I love it. Gorgeous. When it comes to hot pink ink, more is more. You can never wear too much hot pink ink - that's my motto.

BenKels&kiddos said...

I love the pink streak, but I bet the ink didn't wash off her skin very well--with all the washable stuff on the market now, it's pretty amazing how kids always seem to find the stuff that stains.

I have a question for you about your thyroid, well, lack thereof, but I'll email you.

Bethany said...

Ok, so I don't watch American Idol. But. I was flipping past the other day, and what did I see? But one of the Idol contestants has TOTALLY copied Alli!

Check it out-

http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season_8/alexis_grace/

Jerk. At least have the dignity to give credit to the 3 year old to whom credit is due.

In any case, I think it's way cute. :)