Simon: Mom, what's the White House?
Alli: Can we live there?
Mom: Someone in your family has to be the President.
Simon: Mom, I have a new thing to be. . . . . . . . [dramatic pause]
Simon: President.
Alli: Mom, for President I want . . . [spoken like President is a holiday where you can receive things] . . . a . . . a street!
Simon: When I'm President I'm going to make lots of good rules. Like, Saturday . . . is Kool-aid day. Every school has to have kool-aid in their drinking fountain!
I'm so proud.
You should have seen me furiously trying to scratch down the words on an envelope at the next red light, while they all kept pursuing the conversation. It's a wild ride in the car with us, I tell you. You need to grow 7 ears. And cover 4 of them while Mary SQUAWKS along at 80 decibels and thinks she's contributing.
4 comments:
I'd vote for Simon. I like that Kool-Aid thing. :)
Here here! Here's to Kool-Aid day!
We used to live in Hastings, Nebraska where Kool-Aid was invented. It's not every Saturday, and I don't think they have Kool-Aid in the drinking fountains, but there actually do have Kool-Aid Days every summer. There is a big party downtown and you can sample something like 120 different flavors of Kool-Aid! Maybe you should take him for a visit sometime.
That is great! I love those fun conversations in the car...we Moms definitely need like 7 sets of ears to take it all in!
Post a Comment