1.19.2009

a bit of MLKjr inspired service, as per Obama's request







We took the troops out for a very small smidge of community trash clean-up and beautification ; we made a small dent by picking up a black bag of trash for each of the six of us out of a nearby lot and did some festive chalk art for the two big days this week. Thanks Mark for taking the photos and picking up quite a bit too!
I'm sure the people who drove by when we were doing only chalking thought we were a bit kooky, but hey, this is what builds character, right?
Happy day to you and yours!

Kudos to Mark's mom for the well crafted O. She's out doing one on my driveway right now. You should come over and see it.

2 comments:

Pomona Noltes said...

Wow! I want to see the one in your driveway! Post pics, k? You guys are an inspiration! Way to get out there and change the world, one plastic bottle at a time. Say hi to Mom!

Bethany said...

Hey, I was feeling a bit sorry that I hadn't chatted with you in awhile. Now I see that the great Sister Nolte/Joyce (still unsure about what I should call her...) is there and now I do not feel so bad. Go bask in the Grandma Glow and let's reconvene at some later date, hm? :)