During our grand western tour, Mary Tessa Joyce was presented to:
(from whom I got my sense of humor and my hips)
(my grandpa, a man of few words, presented me with the medal I'm wearing, which was enscribed "Super Mom, Emily 2008." A treasure--he fashioned it from one of his biathalon medals [yes, he is an 80something biathelete] and is known for his handcrafted valentines--I was stunned and flattered to receive something just for me.)
(who adores all my babies and is beautiful in her 90s)
her other two namesakes: great-aunt Terry Joyce and Nanna/Joyce (Mark's mom)
and the next day for the grand finale:
her great-grandma Marine (who's name Tess' cousins got to first) ;)
Thanks ladies!!!

3 comments:
That is a pretty awesome opportunity. You guys have been busy lately! Your medal is awesome!
Ok, wow, it is kind of amazing to me what strong family resemblances you have! I could have picked your mom's mom out of a crowd. Your dad's mom, maybe not, but sitting next to each other, absolutely. Then, Joyce's mom? Hello! All very cool. And so sweet that you actually get a medal to say what a super mom you are! :)
And by the way, Simon is looking awfully slick and grown up. Who is that guy?
You guys had such a great trip. You're probably still recovering. How fun to see so many important people in such a short time. We are missing you like crazy already. Love you!
Post a Comment