9.29.2008

Ike videos . . . for those so inclined.

Hi. The first video is about an hour into Ike--it exists solely to try to capture the sound of the thing from our front porch.

The second and third are taken in the morning. The storm lasted from about 9:30pm-8:30am. (We lost power at 10:30pm and received it 379hours later). Throughout the videos, you must excuse our embarrassingly somber commentary. You've caught us at a rare somber moment. I am excessively quiet on mine, b/c I was a mere 5 feet from a poor darling daughter who was resting from just having thrown up. Poor girl had to experience the absolute WORST day to be sick--hot, vomitous, muggy, dark, no stores for sprite/jello/ice, parents quite distracted, no functional fans or laundry machines. Plus the general mild terror of being among the children who "hunkered down" all night.

I'm about halfway through my Ike-an posting series--bear with me--I'm just trying to get it all up so we can move on to current newly normal life!

4 comments:

emily said...

Mark Nolte (yes, Emily's husband) says: Um ... our videos are really embarassing. From the tone of our voices you'd think FEMA just called us for an evaluation of our streets "code blue" condition. "Um ... it looks like a branch fell down over there, I'm going to have to pick that up as soon as possible." Really?! Such drama, such reality, such visceral emotion. Hey, give me a break; I had been up all night listening to news broadcasts that basically brain-washed me into a melodramatic reporter myself. Enjoy while you can, these bits of history are going off the blog ASAP.

jayna said...

I was sucked into your reality television.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
That's some crazy stuff! You guys got weed wacked by IKE!
Now to that glowing rump:
"Why the sad face young reptilian child? Your middle name shall be Uranus, like the glowing celestial orb or curious naming, your backside shall shine."
-Uncle Brad

Nancy said...

eh, I thought the videos were cool. Showed the real you guys.