9.07.2008

Dear Charlie . . .








Simon misses you.
I remember being pregnant with my first (mystery gender) baby in 2003 and talking to Aimee who was pregnant with Charlie at the same time. We were due exactly four months apart and were wondering about our babes and hoping they'd be close cousin friends. It was neat that they were both born on the same number day (6days late, you stinkers!) and were both boys. When we got together last month for a week of family reunioning, we'd see them occasionally at meals and the rest of the time they were running around in the woods together--practically feral by the end of it.


Simon has asked me if they can still be friends when they grow up. I assured him that they could--even better friends, possibly!






That top picture makes me tear up.

*** If my words are looking all scrambly, it's not my fault. Grrr, blogger, you're irking me! Try enlarging your window, dear reader, and it may help.

3 comments:

E. Poole said...

Hi Emily,

What pretty pictures and such a cute family. It was nice to see you in Boise. I will post some of the pictures of the things I'm making when I take pictures later in the week before the big (or little) sale takes place!!

jayna said...

That is so precious. There is a side of little boys that I love- the tender, sweet, mama's boy side. But with my limited boy experience, mostly I other little boys doing the "anything can be a gun" and "My hands are down my pants for much of the day" side.

So are you ready to start up a mormon charter school or what?! Move back to boise and do that, won't you? It would make my life so much easier. And really, isn't that all that matters...

:)

Bethany said...

The top picture is picturesque.

What I particularly appreciate about it is that you can see those lanky Nolte genes in both cousins. I'm so glad to see that future generations will be able to have the same delight and glee in lanky Noltes that I have enjoyed in my life. :)