8.20.2007

See me run!

Now, I thought I was taking this video mainly for my parents and siblings. A little walk down memory lane. When I was about 4 I got this green and yellow cassette tape for Christmas. It started with the song "See me run . . ." and I think I listened to it 3x a day and 4x a week (my first exercise program I guess). I had an elaborate routine of how I would run and dance that lasted me the whole tape. So a while ago I decided to sleuth out what this tape was and if I could get one and give my kids some good childhood--and dear Amazon had it. A rare commodity, now on CD from Britemusic and worth every penny. Now, I thought it was rare and part of what made me turn out soooo special; buuuuut, I've babysat two different families this week and I put it on, ready to delight the newbies with its unique fun--and they both already knew all the words!!! I guess we just associate with good stock. ;) Warning: if you were ever exposed to this as a child you will get it back in your head instantly. My mom overheard it briefly on the phone and spent the rest of the day "RUUUnning around in cir-cLES!!!"



Here's to wiggling your torso, taking a bow b/c you knew the answer right away, and going LA LA LA!!!

Now, I'm curious--did YOU know about this album??? Leave me a comment!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, sure didn't know about the song. Now that I do, all I want to do is run around in circles skip and run!! Can I come over and play??

Korrin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Korrin said...

I remember that song. I loved to play it over and over. That brought back a lot of childhood memories.

Emma said...

I loved those songs. I can still sing the songs even though it's been YEARS since I have heard them!

Anonymous said...

I can't get your video to work, but I have never heard of it. Now I'm curious...everyone seems to love it!

Ginger said...

My favorite was the, "hear the beat. hear the beat beat beat" song. That green and yellow tape was the best!

emily said...

so i talked to my mom and she thinks they may have bought that tape at some kind of product party; my brother got a red tape called "i'm a mormon" anyone remember that???

Audrey said...

Well everyone, if anyone is intrested in any of these CD's just let me know. It is a party selling product and I have my hands on them. I grew up with every one of the tapes and books, and I still love them today. Emily were my children two of the kids who knew the words? We listen to that spacific song about 10 times a day! Does anyone remember Safty Kids? Love it!