8.26.2007

Let's get chile! Share a meal with us.

You may like chile/chili, you may not. Regardless, this is your next "Share a meal with us" invite--you are strongly invited. I've made about 7 very different types of chili in our marriage and this the one that Mark gives the "Only chili I can eat without crackers or bread" seal of approval. That means that he likes a chili that is thick and even still he's usually trying to fill up by putting it on crackers. I have dubbed this the Man's Chili, because:
it was created by a man, approved by both my men (received the "My Man ate 4 bowls" award), and is as easy as can-opening; but don't worry it is perfectly feminine in presentation and texture and variety. So without further beaning about the bush (oh hah!) . . .

Marti's Yummy Chile (with my variations)

1 lb. browned hamburger meat (lean) I usually use less
2 cans beef chili (any kind) or 1 large can
2 cans black beans or 1 can, this recipe gets big
1 can kidney beans
1 can white beans or 1 can hominy (that was nice tonight)
1 can Italian tomatoes, diced
2 Tbsp., brown sugar

Brown meat until deep brown. Add remaining ingredients (I rinse the beans to get rid of a metallic taste that only I can detect). Heat to boil. Serve with onions, cheese, salsa, sour cream, etc., whatever you like. Hooray!!! oh, it's good!

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Sounds delish! I miss beans. I miss 'em bad. Someday when I'm not nursing a baby I will have to try this.

Anonymous said...

This recipe reminds me of this t shirt I had, Mark will probably remember:

DANGER - EXPLOSIVE GAS IN REAR

We'll have to try it...

-Brad