


Can you believe that those two little chubs are both now Pledging Allegiance to Texas daily? Me either.
Also, for a fitting tribute to this day and some of my real sentiments, head on over to Weeds Seeds!
Finally, I think it's great to start off your education with a Ms. Washington. What a name! Simon says she was fun, he shed no tears, we were just barely on time even though I planned to be there 20 minutes early (there is something cosmic that dogs me and dictates that I must arrive 5 minutes late), I feel good about the school change, and finally, Simon told me from his bed that "it was actually really boring and I just said it was exciting." Sigh. Here we go . . . am I rambling?
Oh, one last thing: I couldn't get Simon's school supplies before our Grand Western Tour because they like you to buy them from the PTO the week before school begins. So, when I went today to make the $28 purchase his teacher told me she had too many supplies and I didn't need to buy any--take that couponers!!! I join your ranks in the triumph of a penny saved!
6 comments:
Well, well, well. Look at what a friendly little, "you're at the bottom of the blog barrel" email will do. An immediate post. Love it.
Luck you that your teach has an easy name. Our gal is named "Miss Cechin." Bet you can't even guess how to say it. Their homework for the day was to come home and teach their moms how to say it.
Happy school days-does it make me a bad mom if it's only day 2 of school and I'm already improvising lunches because I discovered that somehow I ran out of bread? Oh yeah, I've got a year's supply of spaghetti sauce that I got for 13 cents (and don't think I didn't notice the knock on couponers-watch it, sister), but no bread.
I've got issues with school supplies and my PTA also. But they're charging 55 bucks four ours. 55 bucks for 5 packs of crayons, 2 bottles of glue, 3 glue sticks, 2 packs of markers, tissue, paper towels and notebooks that you can't find in the store. How do I know you can't find them in the store? Because I went to 3 different ones before I finally asked someone at the school where I was supposed to find that stuff and they told me, "Oh, you can't find it at the store." Ok, cute. Cool. (And don't think I haven't noticed that I have crossed the barrier between "response to your post" and "I should just email you." I know I'm over the line, but I'm just going to keep GOING and GOING and GOING.)
Ok, nevermind. I just ran out of steam. But I am steamed at my school. And we'll talk later.
Glad you're home. And glad I helped to compose a third of your post.
Cheers.
On a slightly related and slightly unrelated note-I clicked on your link and "it appears to be broken." Out of blogging practice, indeed.
You're welcome to come on over, though... if you promise to cry, too...
www.weedsseeds.blogspot.com
Bethany, you are always welcome to comment excessively on the blog--even when you haven't composed half of the original post. :)
And I fixed the link--go on over people.
You're home! Simon's in school! He sure looked dapper on his first day. Hopefully it will become less boring. Ms. Washington needs to step it up! Luke returns to pre-k torture next Tuesday and I already have a stomach ache over it. Can't wait to see your UT pictures...
When she was in her second week of kindergarten, Alyvia was disappointed that they did the same thing everyday and got very bored. She took on the role of teacher's pet, helping the teacher by passing papers, tattling, and tieing other kids' shoes.
She was quite bored.
But still a busy body.
So Simon!
Looking forward to one hundred and eighty three pictures!
Very cute from Bethany. It happens fast, doesn't it!? Um...do they really make them pledge allegiance to Texas, Emily?
Post a Comment