There once was a wee fair maiden with curly hair. Her head was adorned with perfect blond curls at the ends of each lock, there from her babyhood.
But before we get to the rest of her story, it must be known that she was not the only hairy one in the land.
There was the great big boy bear, who's hair was too bushy:
And the wee small baby bear, who's hair was too . . . well,
. . . confuse-y?, messy?, blind-y?
But let's get back to the fair little girl. The middle-sized bear. The one who's hair was JUST RIGHT.
The one who told me yesterday that she wanted "Hailey Hanis hair." Just out of the blue, and not too adamantly. After I asked her about 15 times over the next twenty hours if she really wanted to cut her beautiful hair (see sidebar), I did it.
SOB.
I cried, cringed, and saved this lock for me. A little side story: after I made the first cut, I was wrapping it to preserve and Alli asked me what I was doing. I told her I was saving one of her beautiful curls and that it made me cry. She said, "Mom, can you make one for me to have too?" "Yes." As I took up the scissors she added, "Just don't cry this time, Mom."So today the great big boy, the wee small baby, and the middle-sized girl all got chopped,
and they lived happily ever after.
I do like Alli's hair.
Epilogue: I don't think Alli will have curly hair anymore. I think our familial curliness is down to just Mary Tessa and me. And who knows how long that will last, judging from the wide-eyed curiousity with which Tess' observed this whole hair cutting process. Pray she and Alli keep away from the scissors, because Tess is in that fertile age window where she's learning words and abilities like crazy and she may just try her hand at it. And until now my dramatic little Alli has never known the possibilities for dramatic change a little scissoring can bring.
While we're on that topic, I applied a little scissoring to mahself the other week:
The End.
coming soon: our computer's been out this week. oh boy, do i have a lot to catch the ol' bloggie up on.
4 comments:
You're lookin' good, fella! (Fella being a term of endearment for both males and females in our household.) I love the pic of you and your girls.
No little curlies at the end makes her look so grown up! No me gusta!
Your family is adorable! I love crying over the little things.
They all look great--but doesn't Simon need a buzz? And you must have gotten your computer fixed.
Childhood tragedy. Please make me a wig out of her golden curls for Lila.
And wow- you ladies look fabulous! That last photo is so adorable!
Post a Comment