5.04.2009

A 1:15 am Why?

So as I'm heading to bed a little before midnight, Tess wakes up all coughy and sad. After trying a few different things to get her back to sleep, I decide I'm going to sleep sitting up holding her so she can cough less. Mark has to get up in 5 hours for seminary, but he still helps me through the next 45 minutes of restless misery with a very tired baby and her bed-wetting sister. A little before 1am I remember that I have a some cough/decongestant I can give her--great!! While I'm changing bedsheets Mark holds Tess and she falls asleep. I come and take over, planning to spend the night with her in the guest bed.

Shortly after which SHE GOES BERSERK.

Drumming on the mattress, kicking wildly and gleefully, trying to JUMP off the bed. Bouncing bouncing bouncing.

Right now she's sitting on my lap hyperactively kicking her legs and giggling at the sound of the keys and blowing rasberries on my arms. And screeching and babbling AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS.

Thanks Triaminic. You're a real lifesaver.



Is it wrong now for me to go sleep on the couch while my toddler wanders around all buzzed? Seems like it.


She's nuts! Absolutely kooky. And it's going to last her four hours!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Motrin does the same thing to Jaron. Crazy. Hope you get some sleep sometime. Love ya.

Suzanne said...

I remember taking you to the doctor once because I thought you had an ear infection because you had cried all night and it wasn't your ears, but only because of the Triaminic.

Bethany said...

Hey! Dang! You should have called me! I was awake, too!
Sorry for your early morning party!

April said...

I would like to know where these mutant kids that fall asleep when given medicine are. I think they only list drowsiness as a side effect because they know nobody is going to give it to their kids knowing they'll be wired. I hope you finally got some sleep last night.

Lindsay said...

Poor Mary Tessa! I hope she's feeling better and you're caught up on your sleep--if that's even possible. Can a mom ever be caught up on sleep? I had no idea that Triaminic was such an upper. I'll make a note of that!