Mac the elephant died at the Houston zoo yesterday. He was born just before we moved here and it seems like he was one of our first friends. We've loved watching him grow--he has so much personality and mischeiviousness. On average, we probably saw him once a week and we will dearly miss him! I'm so disappointed that when we were there last Saturday Allianna wanted to go see the elephants, but we didn't; he died very suddenly Sunday night.When Mac was learning to walk it was so funny because it truly looked like a man in an elephant suit pretending to be a baby elephant--it was so awkward.
For more, go here.
I want to lay flowers by his enclosure--is that allowed?
6 comments:
so sad.. Do they know why?
That's awful. Elephants are one of my favorites. Poor baby elephant and his elephant mommy.
Oh, sorry friend. I remember visiting Mac when we went to the zoo. Poor cute little guy.
I want to lay flowers in there too, but I don't know if they'd let us bring flowers in (they're VERY careful about their horticulture there), AND it's been raining so miserably there that I don't want to chance it with the boys.
(((HUGS))) We'll be missing him too.
This has been the topic of conversation at our home as well. I think AJ has made it know to anyone who will hear.We will miss him, so sad.
Oh, I'm so sad! We also love Mac and had so much fun watching him play, waiting for his birth, celebrating his first birthday.
Post a Comment