4.09.2007

She's so brainy!


Today is a day of relief. Allianna had her 1 year follow-up with a pediatric neurosurgeon today. Though she screamed bloody murder while the Dr. felt her skull (and wouldn't you if you realized this was the same type of guy who cut a hole in your head last year?!!) he was able to determine that her head's growing perfectly and the soft spots (artificial and natural) should be all grown in by next year. That should be her last time at the neuro--phew! We learned something interesting; there is a theory that kids who's sagittal sutures fuse early (like Alli) do so because their head is growing larger than others (bringing the bones in closer contact and then they grow together), and it's common for them to have larger heads throughout their life. But, of course! She's just a smarty! And having a beautiful head is nice, too!

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Wow! I never knew about Alli's special cranial circumstances. How scary! I'm glad everything checked out ok. Her head looks just as beautiful as the rest of her to me. I've instructed my boys that there will be no anxiety inducing medical situations in our family and so far they've been mostly compliant.

Korrin said...

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well. Alli's so cute.