We're all doing just fine around here. Promise.
In other news, I was racking my brain for a post as I watched the days rack up since my last one. To quote an old roommate: "What HAVE happened?!"
OOOOOOoooooh, yeah, a boy turned six, a boy lost his front tooth after two months of dangling, and I started working out for the first time in motherhood (I decided walking and occasional biking are sooo last season). I'm having fun!
Aimee and Lindsay--I was just dabbling in some world news this morning and heard about the latest hijinks of Libya's famed leader. And I'm smiling game-ly about the way his name is spelled.
As I was rushing to add this this morning I forgot to say that his name is Arabic and has to be transliterated, so I've seen it spelled with a G, a Q, and a Kh--gotta love those gutterals! We all win!
In other news, I was racking my brain for a post as I watched the days rack up since my last one. To quote an old roommate: "What HAVE happened?!"
OOOOOOoooooh, yeah, a boy turned six, a boy lost his front tooth after two months of dangling, and I started working out for the first time in motherhood (I decided walking and occasional biking are sooo last season). I'm having fun!
Aimee and Lindsay--I was just dabbling in some world news this morning and heard about the latest hijinks of Libya's famed leader. And I'm smiling game-ly about the way his name is spelled.
As I was rushing to add this this morning I forgot to say that his name is Arabic and has to be transliterated, so I've seen it spelled with a G, a Q, and a Kh--gotta love those gutterals! We all win!
6 comments:
Oh, glad to hear all's well.
"Um," in other news, who is that child holding your cat and smiling so broadly?
Tell Simon "Happy Birthday" from the Pali's. We miss you guys but love to see you and the kids on the blog. I can't believe Simon is that old!
Simon's birthday! Happy birthday Simon!
So, I was walking on the treadmill the other day at the gym (one year at the gym and all I do still is walk on the treadmill and watch The View, CNN, and Regis & Kelly-- my goal was to be at least at a slow jog by now--oh well) anyway, I too tuned in to "Qadafi's" shpeel...that's with a "Q" from what I saw - of course my thoughts immediately went back to the kitchen table and the letter G. With CNN being "the most trusted name in news" and all, I must believe that it is with a Q, or at least the Q is the "most trusted" spelling. Logical, no?
Speaking of spelling, it's Libya.
Happy Birthday Simon! We miss you.
For some reason I am inexplicably delighted by pictures of cats being slightly tortured by loving child-owners...so thank you for that Nimbus.
Post a Comment