. . . I'm tired of eating grits and I'm sick of stewed tomatoes,
I'd rather be in Idaho eatin baked potatoes!!!
Soooooooooooo
if I had my fare today I'd pack my bags, be on my way, to
Ida-ida-HO! IDA-IDA-HO!***taught that little ditty to my kids as we landed in Boise. After 7 hours of flying (~4 sacrament meetings), it was so good to be there!


And I'd rather make folk music with my dad and hike Castle Rock than do almost anything else.




I've hiked to Castle Rock dozens of times, but it was Simon who found crystals there on his first visit. Hey Houstonians, how ideal is it to be able to go hiking within 4 blocks of your house? That's what we had in Boise. Fresh air, land that goes UP, and space without buildings everywhere (for now . . . ).

One more Idaho installment to come, and then it's on to the the present.
Oh, boy, do we have an exciting development!
8 comments:
E-Town, if you're going to tell us you're pregnant, you better just SPIT IT OUT.
Otherwise, here are my thoughts-you're lookin' cute as can be! Love the pictures that include the mommy. :)
Also, your pop looks just so ... well ... like a classy art professor? I love the picture of the two of you playing.
Ooo, what's the exciting development? Can't wait to hear. I need to get back to Castle Rock sometime. I don't think I've been up there in ten years.
Jealous. It's so fun to go home. Can't wait to see more.
Great pics, Emily. We love Idaho too... probably not as much as you do. :)
I spent a great portion of my childhood running down the path from our house off of Haines to "my castle". Glad to see it's beauty is alive and well, though I will never get over all of the houses built on the bluff overhead...ugh.
Are you still here? If you want to get together, let me know!
What development? Now you have me all curious---
Nice Idaho installment. What was that instrument you were playing with your dad?
Hey Em, I've been enjoying your trip....I love Boise too, but I've not done any of the things you've blogged. I did go meet up with Mel at a park with water games. Other than that, I just love it for my sister and her family that live there. I really thought I'd be living there too one day, but now that we're buying a house here, it won't be for a while. Looking forward to your development!
Was that the little song all the Idaho people sang at one of the ward potlucks we had? Looks like a great place to come home to!
Post a Comment