7.12.2008

at the pianoforte . . .


JOY



RAPTURE







AFTER 10 YEARS . . . I LIVE WITH A PIANO AGAIN!




It's so easy to practice every day, twice a day, when you're a grownup--loving it!


Though I play other instruments, I have a unique love for the piano because it's always ready; there's no unpacking it, tuning it, accompanying it--just wander by and play for thirty seconds or thirty minutes.

By the way, she's a Yamaha clavinova 115 that likes:

changing climates
sounding grand
sitting by trees and windows
Bach
kids
seeming Jane Austen-era-esque (is that grammatically allowed?)
the octave below middle C
being played

So I'm accommodating her.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Congratulations, my dear. I'm sure the two of you will make each other very happy.

Here's to you and your new piano-may the two of you have all the health, happiness, love and music that any humanities loving girl and her piano ever had!

Anonymous said...

you lucky girl! How's it going in Primary?

Jennifer said...

Wow! Big year for you -- a dryer, a baby and now a piano! congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I hadn't been to you blog to see pictures of the Yamaha. It looks great! Is it everything you hoped it would be? I can't remember if it's one that I looked at reviews for or not, but I'm sure glad you found something and that you're playing so much! It looks great!

Todd and Heather Moulton said...

I don't even really play and my mouth is watering for you! Maybe it's just because now I finally have a HOME to put it in, if/when I got one. It inspires me to go dust off my clarinet that I have stashed in our closet instead. It's fun to be in the blog world! ANd thanks for your editing, I hadn't noticed it because we reworded that phrase 5000 times and then I passed out. Toodles!