Its level of ridiculousness makes it almost like a Cam Jensen mystery (if you don't remember those, you should hunt them out--Simon and I love them). Mark often packs a yogurt for himself as part of his lunch. And since he tries to be frugal and put in a long, solid work day he saves the dear sweet Yoplait (with its small bit of protein) to tide him over in the late afternoon.

One afternoon about two weeks ago he told me that much to his dismay, his yogurt was gone from the communal fridge (I don't know how many people use it--maybe twenty). We dismissed that, just an accident. But then again the next day, yogurt lifted. So what is a person thinking, "Oh, someone brings this everyday, but they don't really want it" or "I can take whatever I want from my mom's fridge so . . ."? We were baffled, but managed to move on.
Now this is the thing--Mark's yogurt has now been snaked four times in the last week or so. Who does this, what are they thinking? I could kind of see the temptation if it was, say, a loaf of banana bread, and you help yourself to a slice one day when you're desperately hungry--not that I would, but . . . 4 times? When it first started happening we thought of leaving a little note that said: "Let me know your favorite flavor and I'll bring you one too, just leave one for me." Weird thing was, it was never like Mark had left it for days; it was always just "bring it in the morning and it's gone before sunset."
And who can't afford their own silly yogurt? Guess there's a yogurt addict loose in the Medical Center who just can't help themself. ;) Reminds me of the 3 towels and a 25cent washcloth talk.
We thought it's now time to put this before the blog community tribunal--where all things small and weird can be known. Any theories?
For now, we've just marked them with a sharpie, so our little amnesiac will realize that's not his name on the yogurt and he didn't actually bring himself a life supply and stock the fridge a while ago.

6 comments:
That's awful. Who would steal a yogurt? 4 times? I hope his yogurt will be safe in the future.
Sheesh! It's kind of like having roommates all over again. Maybe you should leave one in a warm place for a few days before you stick it in the fridge and give the little thief an unpleasant surprise. he he he.
I think Ginger's got the winning answer right there.
I think your note idea is pretty clever...that's what I would do.
I think you have a 10 o'clock investigative news story here. You should call whoever is the new Marvin Zindler to come set up a hidden camera.
Also, it is experiences like this in the real world that make "The Office" so funny on tv
Hahaha, any updates on what happened? Any more thefts? That's so silly!
Post a Comment