There was too much t.v. going on in our house so I banished it into the spare room one night. It's been a month or two and I like it. Of course, I can't internet/blog as much because Simon likes to start watching a dvd on my computer while I put Alli down for a nap. For a while, the kids fought less because control of the t.v. was their main struggle--now they've just found other things to fight over, though they share mildly better lately.
3 comments:
Kudos to your no TV bid. I just recently found your blog thanks to a comment you made on our blog. Great blog. Keep up the good work.
We banned TV in our house recently too, and it's been great so far. I just took the dvd players away and hid them in my closet.
They always find something to fight over don't they. I guess it's just part of growing up and learning! We have also been watching less tv now that the NBA playoffs are over, and the kids don't even ask for it to be turned on. I guess when it really comes down to is, it was me that was turning it on to get some peace more then it was the kids really wanting to watch it. They really enjoy books, toys, coloring, and playing outside alot more. Bad Mommy!
Post a Comment