What was I doing ten years ago? I was 17 and hmmm, what was I doing . . . there was a good chance I was going to summer school P.E. so I could take orchestra and seminary. Not practicing my viola enough and feeling guilty about it--playing quartet gigs at random events. Making some small cash filing at a plastic surgeon's office. I'll have to check my journal for more details. I know I was in love with no one but I had some great buds I ran around wearing thrift store clothes with. Rocking out at SNDs (Saturday Night Dances) of course . . .
What was I doing one year ago? Watching Alli's hair grow back from the headband they shaved for her surgery. Enjoying Mark because his job and double-major were finished and he was not in school til fall--thinking it may be the last time I saw him since the PhD was going to start up soon. Stashing cardboard boxes in our bathroom like some kind of rodent.
Five snacks I enjoy:
anything with fresh basil. duplex cookies . . . the cheaper the better. fresh fruit. unsalted nuts. popsicles and tostino's 99cent pizza. I alternate between gourmet/health and utterly processed yumminess.
oh, and hello!, BLUE BELL ICE CREAM!!! i think "enjoy" is too light of a verb for that one . . .
Five songs I know all the words to:
I'm terrible at this. I'm lucky if I know who sings a song or what it's called. that's what i have mark for. oh, but being primary chorister, of course i have all of this year's new program songs memo-d. And for the nusery set: slippery fish, the wheels on the bus, tiny tim the turtle. Hey, somehow I know "I love you. always forever. near and far" that one. and "i'm on top of the world" by karen carpenter. ooooooo, HEY, i do know a bunch of songs--mark made me a mix tape right before his mission and oh baby do i have that one memorized--i'll post about it later
Five things I would do if I were a millionaire:
- make an extended family travel fund so we could get together more than once a year and without emptying someone's savings.
- get a house with character and nooks and crannies and that is somewhat small and simple but has trees.
- take my family to zimbabwe and stay for a few weeks and take them on all the paths i dreamed of taking them on when i was a single dreamer
- get everyone in my family a new car with a lifetime warranty
- ship books and art supplies to schools in developing countries
this is a hard one, because we've "built a lot of character" without 2 and 4.
Five of my Many bad habits:
- often not finishing things i start, from a glass of water to a crocheted hat to a letter.
- not praying in the morning.
- not wanting to be corrected.
- letting my kids watch tv while i do dumb stuff instead of playing with them.
- letting clean laundry sit in a basket unfolded until most of the clothes have been taken out and worn and never folded.
Five things I like doing: watching documentaries, playing in quartets, nursing, holding mark's hand, the zoo, listening to A Prarie Home Companion .
Five things I will never wear again:
my dad's shirts, jellies, rolled socks ( a different color on the inside), long boy shorts (hooray capris), East Jr. High Hornets reflective orange 'B" bball uniform.
Five of my Favorite toys: high speed internet, dishwasher, library books, bike trailer/stroller, piano; still working on acquiring the last two!
I tag Jennefer (though I doubt she'll know it) and Tara B, and Audrey/Korrin (hah--got you back!)
Now for the next set . . .
1 comment:
Whew, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has that little problem with leaving the clean laundry in the baskets!
Post a Comment