Here is a picture of us 6 months ago. Mary Tessa's hair is shorter and so is Simon's and mine. Luna has a smidge more hair and 4 teeth.
Mark defends his PhD on August 6th and is writing 97 hours a day up until then.
Send him some stamina and good wishes and prayers.
We are moving to ****MADISON, WISCONSIN*** a few weeks later!!!!!
We are very excited. It's bittersweet. We have many dear friends here but will not miss the job.
Madison looks a lot like Boise where I grew up. It has the benefits of a capital city (university, museums, zoo, capital building) but is still small and outdoorsy. We will live two blocks from 2 of the four lakes there and three from the zoo. I look forward to telling rascally children--more literally--to "go live with the chimpanzees!" Mark can walk or snowshoe to his building. Four seasons . . . and cheese . . . . . and quiet, proud fellow Scandinavians here we come!
4 comments:
What an exciting change for you guys! Congrats on finishing grad school! I bet you will love Wisconsin. Good luck with the move!
Welcome to the Midwest! MN has been good to us, I'm sure you'll love WI. Maybe now we can meet up sometime.
Dude, I must have been on vacation for longer than I thought because I get back and WHATTHE? You have posted. Well hello and nice to see your faces again and CONGRATULATIONS on being able to REALLY YELL THE NEWS! :)
Cheers.
That's awesome! I'm sure it's not lost on Mark that BYU will be playing a football game at Wisconsin this year. I hope to see a picture from the front row!
Post a Comment