5.21.2008

Ready for something different to look at?


Here's an oldey but a goody from Mary Tessa's blessing day.
Our camera card is full and I haven't been able to take new pictures for a week--all it would take is burning our pics to c.d. (you'd think I could manage that, but I haven't yet!).
In other news, I'm in physical therapy for my neck now, which is awesome. I have a bunch of exercises to improve my range of motion and I get to go twice a week for hands-on work on my neck (voice box, muscles, scar tissue) which just feels like a really fabulous massage.
I love my cancer center!
Also, it looks like I'm done having any other treatment (except the p.t.) for a year, besides checkups. Yay!
It's been really humbling and refreshing to be around all the cancer patients (and stretching to be one myself). All of the staff (from custodial to surgeons) and patients have such empathy and compassion for each other that it's a good check on how I treat people in other scenarios.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear everything is going well. Mary is so cute.

Kaylene said...

What adorable kids! and Congrats on being down to PT and check-ups. What a relief. Enjoy your massage time!

alpine alert-pali eternal said...

Simon is so big. He legs go on for miles. He is a Nolte. Tell him that we miss him tons!

Unknown said...

Your family is adorable. I hope you know we admire you and your family! We are excited for the reunion and I love this blogging thing that keeps us in touch!
Em

Ginger said...

Yay! New pictures of cute kids. Glad to hear you're doing alright.

Jennifer said...

Such good news. Does this mean breastfeeding can go on for a year with no problems? Hooray!

BenKels&kiddos said...

You have such a cute family! I'm so happy things are going well for you under the circumstances. Thanks for checking out my blog, too, this is great.

Anonymous said...

I think you're awesome, Emily. I can't wait to hear you talk about your phys therapy and your whole healing process, etc. when we SEE you in August. Can't wait.

Madelyn said...

what a momma has to do to get a massage! j/k I'm really glad everything is going well and that you live in a city where you can get the best care!