1.10.2008

Christmas Eve . . . better late than never!



If this isn't enough ancient history for you, don't worry, I'm still planning on posting Christmas Day and other various holiday etcetera--start getting giddy with anticipation!


Simon on great grandpa's lap--they became fast friends over airplanes




Papa telling his traditional "Teach the Children" poem. It consists of Santa visiting the dad and explaining the true meaning of all the symbols of Christmas. My kids got to be front-row helpers, being the only ones from the 10-and-under set that night.




Alli getting really jazzed about something in the Gospel Principles manual that she's sure goes with what Papa's telling.




My dad's side's tradition is to open all the presents on Christmas eve. Our generation got to do one, and I let my kids do that too. Here's Simon with his cherished poison dart frog--from Aunt Catherine (my sis has good taste!).



I made both of the kids a sock monkey; and even with all of their assymetry (legs different lengths, skeewompus ear sizes) I say they look way better than the ones the stores are selling (thanks nanna for your last-minute rescuing, and grandma for your long-distance coaching throughout)!

Foreground: She likes it!!!

Background: Yes, the holiday treats did wonders for my pregnancy. I'm 7 months looking like "Now Showing: The 9 months along Spectacle!!!"

A puppet show? a parade? prouder of their new animals than their own faces? one of those.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a real fun Christmas there. Glad that the kids liked their Christmas eve presents. (hope Catherine saw the picture of the poison frog) Allianna inherited her mother's smile!
Dad