12.02.2007

A pretty happenin' house

We haven't got a dryer yet, so this is fun. I like nagging the kids not to touch the clothes when they wake up in the morning. We've been trekking to the laundromat as of late, and when I'm there I actually fold the clothes right when they come out of the dryer because there are all these huge tables to do it on. This is a good thing. Do I put them away right when I get home? . . . Well, hmm, I've already worked pretty hard. Oooo, and I discovered a Value Village near the laundromat (for all you northwesterners out there a.k.a Savers) ;) I was beginning to think I'd never find good thrift stores here.
These two geckos live on our front porch. You can see through their skin and they are neat.
We're flattered to have them as neighbors.


Alli's big dose of artistic genes are really exhibiting themselves lately. She doesn't just merely demand that all of her (prolific) works are immediately displayed on the fridge; she steps flamboyantly forward and back from the easel-fridge, selecting one color at a time from her little table behind her, and muttering out loud. She turns her head at all different angles to examine her work, then gets close to squint at it, then flails an arm into the sky with a satisfied air.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Her grandfather is so proud of her proper painterly behavior!