Simon: "Do you know why I like Christmas so much?"
Possible answers? Many.
His:
"Because you get toys without even having to pay for them!"
He said it so full of hope and unbridled joy, and free of the worries of adulthood or even the weight of childhood (you know, having to jump through all sorts of parental hoops to get an occasional $2 toy)---it was great.
I was thinking about it later and this scripture came into my head where Jesus says: Come, my brethren, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters; and he that hath no money, come buy and eat; yea, come buy wine and milk without money and without price. (2 Nephi 9:50)
1 comment:
I can't wait for the days when Jaron starts to mutter cute stuff like that. For now we just hear "ma ma" and "da da" and "uh oh." It's very cute, but I can't wait for the days when he says stuff like yours and Ginger's kids say.
Post a Comment