I never thought that I would ever communicate more words through texting than through blogging. But such has been this summer. Don't you kind of hate texting? I feel like we as humans have spent a good 3000 years or more refining our communication skills and creating epic literature and poetry and philosophy and *hooray* a distinct word for absolutely everything (ubiquitous dissemination of semantics? Pan troglodytes?) and then SUDDENLY we slammed into the brick wall that is texting. OOOG. ooog. oooga oog. I'm wacking at my $15 phone with all thumbs for three and a half minutes and all I've managed to say is:
"Toe much better. Went to ikea. Do u like that table? Its gone from 6 hundred to 450."
And that's to my mom, for whom I try to keep the bar high, out of respect for all that I learned from her superior tutelage in vocabulary and grammar.
Hello? What's this? This computer thing's telling me I have some pictures loaded! Hmm, let's see if I'm completely obsolete or can do this . . . .
<15 minutes later>
Still trying. Let's see what else while we wait for them to upload?
- Had a miscarriage in April that let to 3 weeks of anemia and headache awfulness. I found out at 11 weeks and had the miscarriage one wild weekend a few weeks later. It is good advice that they give, not to leave the house for 48 hours or travel. Feeling better now but it takes a body a while to recover. Same body that gained weight handsomely for the time it was being pregnant.
- Dropped a lantern onto my toe from a high shelf a few days ago. Same toe aforementioned. Don't recommend that either.
- Doing lots of HypnoBirthing teaching. Now there's something positive! Even the part about having to keep the house professionally clean (mostly positive, somewhat anxiety-inducing)
- Had a fabulous 5 week trip to Boise, Springville, San Diego, and muchly enjoyed the people we saw.
- I'm enjoying A Midwive's Tale by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich. It only took Mark's mom recommending it to me for 2 years and finding it on my own mom's shelf available for me to borrow to get me started.
- Martha Ballard (the midwife) always listed who's house she stayed at or those that came to hers. In that vein, during our trip I saw: my mom and dad, Rhubarb the cat, Bethany, Cody, Nathan, Leah, Ryan; Catherine and Jack; Brother Tanner, Brother and Sister Strong, Sister Wolf; Melanie; bsu cheerleaders at Costa Vida (they said "Hy-eee!"); mom and dad Nolte, Julianna, Nolen, Ollie, Lance, Matt, Luke, Lindsay, Bryan, Sarah, and William; Jake and Maggie; the Dursts; Naomi Sumpsion (sp?); In and Out burger girl; Jereme, Anna Min, Kate, Alyvia, Jacob, Jeff, Miles, Ella, Aimee, John, Charlie, Louis, Tyler, Justin, Audrey, Katie, Ethan, Brad, Sue, Gma Nolte, Andy, Adrienne, Ryen, Steven, Owen, Ben, Kelsey, Lydia, Nathan, Karalee, Emily, Boyd, Gavin, Eli, bump, Jeff, and MaryAnn (man that was a serious Nolte reunion!); my gma Taye (94!); gma and gpa Boone and the Mitchells; did I see you too?
Now you've earned some pictures:
Why did nobody tell us about Surfside?
Rapturous day there last weekend. Only took us five years to know about it.
Thank you and Goodnight.
8 comments:
The webbed foot kid! I have no clue why, but I was thinking about him/your story about meeting him the other day. I'm a weirdo. I LOVE the picture of the kids hiking-- the way Lance was all snuggled up to Simon. I took quite a few of those, so I'll send you some of the best ones when I get them printed.
side note-- did you read CJane's blog recently? The one where she talks about education week and how Provo gets all crazy, and her and her sister experience tons of DRIVE BYs? And then she mentions all the best places to eat...gosh--major deja vu while reading that post! Fun times-- can't wait till we can all be together again. This time I want to go to the BYU candy counter (how come nobody has ever mentioned that to me before?).
xo, lindsay
Emily, I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I miscarried around 11 weeks in between my girls and I'm so sorry you had to experience that. I'm glad you're back to blogging so I can hear what the Nolte's are up to. You always have the best stories.
Miss, I hope that the "people you saw" list is in order of appearance, else Rhubarb the Cat is a much more important figure in your life than I had previously supposed... ;)
Um, now... shoot. I have forgotten all the other things I wanted to say. You need to change your blog so that I can comment while looking at what you said because when I get to this comment page, I forget.
Well... good to have you back. We need to talk. But I am in the midst of WARDMADNESS. WORSE than the norm. No joke. We've switched stakes, switched buildings, slightly switched boundaries, which means we need to switch classes, switch kids, switch teachers, switch rooms and AS YOU KNOW, with the freaking PANTLOAD of kids we have, this is no easy task. Plus lots of other things. I have to go coupon now. Bye.
I love you, Emily... that is all!
I'm so very sorry that you miscarried, Emily.
So glad to read a post. Niki is right...you have the best stories...and opinions of them:)
I get an Emily two-fer this morning since I had basically given you up for blog dead! Oh the rejoicing!
I laughed about the texting---how very astute of you to notice. LOL.
So sorry for the miscarriage woes. That is tough.
Feeling sorry for myself that I was not on your list of seens. Because I wasn't. Because tonsillectomies are awful.
Hey emily! I don't have your email address to respond so here goes. I'm not sure if you want boy or girl names. For boy we had a lot of biblical and z/x names this last round, I'll list off a few we liked: Ezekial, Zane (I loved that one for a while), Eli/Elias, Xander. When Calvin was born Dallin, Jarom, Lucas and Benjamin were top contenders. I also really liked Brody this time around but my husband vetoed it. For girl names.... I've been playing around with the name Coral and derivatives, I never looked at a baby book for Mira's name because it came from a dream so I have to admit I don't have very many girl names listed. I look at the other children's names to see what fits in the family, looking at yours I think Taye would be really cute for a boy or a girl and it makes a connection to Mary Tessa. Just Taye for boy and Taye Lynn for girl? Feel free to email me, great to hear from you and we all need to have a reunion in Boise sometime! annaglaz at gmail dot com (also I have to admit my husband gets the credit for Ezra, it had to grow on me but now I love it!)
Just wanted to clarify, connection because of the letter T. That's all :)
Post a Comment