11.13.2009

Man of her dreams

Allianna made this confession to me the other day while we were swinging:

Allianna: Mom, I have a husband.

Me: Oh, really? Does he look kind of like your dad?

Alli: No. He has orange hair.

[swing, swing]

Alli: And a black body.

[swing]

Alli: And a white face.

Alli: And he's sixty-nine. But I'm seventy-nine.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Awwwwwwww, cute! Reminds me of that Girl's Camp song...

"Anne Marie, she loves Pierre
It's written on the cafe sidewalks everywhere
Jean Pierre, he loves Marie
It's written in a heart that's carved upon a tree

Then, one day, said Anne Marie,
"I love you very much, so let us run away."
Jean Pierre, he said, "Oui, Oui!"
And went to tell his friends, "I'm marrying Anne Marie!"

They went off into a park
But they were getting hungry and it was getting dark
They got back before too late
For Anne Marie was 7 and Jean Pierre was 8!"



Or... 68 and 78. :)

The Snead Family said...

hahahaha. so cute. i wonder what their kids will look like? blue bodies, with pink faces?

jayna said...

You must be so proud.

YOu've raised a daughter who knew JUST what she wanted in a spouse...

Pomona Noltes said...

Show her a picture of a 69 year old man and a 79 year old woman and ask her if she's really sure. :) What a funny story. Love it.

Lindsay said...

She's a cougar!Grrroowwwll!