11.05.2007

The new house--a rented bit of bliss!


Alli dug out Simon's old hat from a box and looks pretty outdoorsy sporting it.

Our friends that moved out left their swingset for us!

You can also see the neighbor's rabbit hutches on the other side of the fence. The kids are really entertained by them--Alli thinks they're hysterical when they just move around their cage.

This is the rest of the backyard and the shed (which is actually hooked up with electricity and a workbench, if I decide to try my hand at something). ;) There's also a square of more backyard to the back left of this picture; it has a little fig tree and it was interesting to see the shape of fig leaves in real life.

Just a happy moment--though there have been some playground spats too.

The covered patio spot

No shots of the inside yet--too many cardboard boxes still. But let's just say that rooms are seeming a lot bigger and things newer than we thought--we keep waiting for our parents to come and reveal that this is actually their house, we're too much of kids to have this much house at our disposal. Mark keeps saying that our bedroom feels like a hotel. I love having the family room; right now I'm working at the computer and I can see the kids out the screen door happily puttering around in the yard. That means I'm not working on this in my bedroom with kids climbing all over me or our bed or running away outside and having me holler after them. Hooray!

We found out about this house to rent from friends at church. A family that had just finished their PhD was moving out of it and invited us over and sold us on it. It's about 4 blocks from our church, so 20 minutes from work for Mark (he's planning on getting a bike and riding along the bayou most of the 5-6miles). The neighborhood is nice (and pleasant smelling . . .), zoned for a great school for Simon (either next year or the year after). More later . . .

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys- Congratulations on the house. Of course, the important news is that Mark will be buying a bike. ha. No really - the house looks awesome, some mature trees in the front, a backyard to play in - super cool! Enjoy it! -Brad

Ginger said...

Hooray for more space, and more nice space too. You can squish a few babies into an apartment but once they start growing up you really need something a little more house-ish. I'm glad you got one.

Audrey said...

We can't wait to come over! The yard looks great, and so inviting.

Anonymous said...

I love the house, guys. Can't wait to see shots of the inside! What a great yard, and that is so cool to have a swingset. I'm so happy for the 4 (almost 5) of you and wish we could come see in person. Good luck with the cardboard boxes. Unpacking is better than packing, I think. Still not one of the highlights of my life though. It's a grubby time. :) I'm so excited for you though and hope to see more pics soon! -Aunt Aimee

Anonymous said...

I love the house, guys. Can't wait to see shots of the inside! What a great yard, and that is so cool to have a swingset. I'm so happy for the 4 (almost 5) of you and wish we could come see in person. Good luck with the cardboard boxes. Unpacking is better than packing, I think. Still not one of the highlights of my life though. It's a grubby time. :) I'm so excited for you though and hope to see more pics soon! -Aunt Aimee

Anonymous said...

I know that house! Your pictures make me a little sad, actually. :( But happy too, for you guys. We're so glad you're in our ward now! You belong with us.

Jodie Haney said...

Good for you!

Nancy said...

nice house! I'm a little jealous. We did the backwards thing and went from living in a house to now a 4-plex. That was not so smart. But then again... Italy... house... ok, I'll deal with this for a while. Your house looks way cute! I'm glad the kido's can PLAY out back. So fun!

Brent and Katie said...

Hey Guys. The house is still cute. We miss it a little but I'm glad it will be used well. Look for lemons on the tree in the front, and watch it for the thorns. I bloodied my hands trimming that thing to make it safe for the kids to run around the front yard. Thank goodness there aren't any here. Good Luck!