Mark says he would have asked for this up until he was 15 . . .
the long adored Buzz Lightyear!!!
and, delight of all delights (Alli's face testifies!), Simon will share one of his new pods with her!
We finally feel like we got this birthday right, "got him just what he wanted, instead of what we overthought he might want", and he's been playing hard ever since (and sharing more than I thought I could hope for!).
Now, after it was all said and done, I needed to sleep muchly. That's why this is all making it up here a week later.
1 comment:
I totally know what you mean about getting them the presents they want, rather than the presents you think they could want, or the ones you want them to want. Congratulations on getting it right.
Sam was watching over my shoulder while I read this post and he wanted to know WHO this was and WHY he hadn't met him yet. Then he demanded a play date and got pretty upset when I tried to explain how far away Simon lives from us. Sam is currently mulling over ways that he can get to know Simon.
Post a Comment